Alaska Railroad #216, the TANANA, crossing the Trail Lakes Bridge at Moose Pass sometime between 1948 and 1952. In this picture, the train is bound for Seward in the days when there was no highway connection between Anchorage and Seward. Built as bn 22544 by J.G. Brill in 1927, this unit was M400 and later M201 on the New York Central Railroad before acquisition by the Alaska Railroad in 1940. Originally numbered 116 she was renumbered 216 with rebuilding and blue and yellow paint scheme in 1948. This gas electric car was configured for baggage, express and 50 passengers. This odd looking doodlebug operated until 1952 and was finally retired in April 1954."