4444 was originally built by General Motors Canada entering service in 1967 as DA 1526. It was rebuilt in 1979 as DC type (G22AR.) It was painted in MAXX livery with modifications for use on push pull trains for Auckland Transport. After reverting to KiwiRail it has been only the only ex lease DC to be overhauled and, to the delight of rail fans, repainted. In this long hood view we see original G12 features.