On September 16th of 2018 Plentzia's local council celebrated the 125th anniversary of the Areeta-Plentzia's railroad together with Areeta, Getxo, Sopela and Barrika's municipalities. Opened on 1893 meant the extension of the Bilbao-Areeta railway line previously built. With a significant changes during so many years nowadays this railroad line is part of Metro Bilbao's line 1 opened in 1995. The Basque Railway Museum moved this steam train formed by the "Aurrera" (meaning "Foward" in Basque) steam locomotive, built in 1898 by Nasmyth-Wilson in Manchester, and two Urola's railway cars built in 1925 by CAF. Historically none of these vehicles ever run through this line despite it was a good way to see how much things changed in 125 years.